ATTENTION ALL DENTAL ASSISTANTS!
Beginning August 15, 2015, all dental assistants who are currently licensed must renew their licenses on or before October 31, 2015. To renew your license, please go to the Board’s website at www.mass.gov/dph/boards/dn and click on the link “Renewal, Change of Address and Duplicate License” under Online Services.
If you registered online when applying for your license, you must enter the same User ID and Password that you created to apply for your license. If you did not register online when applying for your license, please click on “Register a Person” and create a User ID and Password. Once you login with your User ID and Password, click on “License Renewal.”
The renewal fee for all dental assistant licenses is $45.00
If you have any questions about renewing your dental assisting license or about a previously submitted initial licensure application, please contact the Board by phone at (617) 973-0924 or by email at email@example.com.
CE Requirement Update: On November 5, 2014, the Board of Registration in Dentistry voted to revise the current requirement, pursuant to 234 CMR 8.02, that all licensed dental assistants must complete 12 CEUs in the first renewal cycle no later than October 31, 2015. The Board has revised this requirement in this manner:
- All licensed dental assistants must complete 4-6 CEUs in the first renewal cycle no later than October 31, 2015.
- The required 4-6 CEUs must be completed in the following two specific areas:
- a. A minimum of 1 CEU for an online course OR 3 CEUs for a live course in the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control for Dental Healthcare Settings, AND
- b. A minimum of 3 CEUs for a live course that results in certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or CPR/AED. No online BLS or CPR/AED certification courses will be accepted.
- Please note this is a one-time only revision of the CEU requirements for all licensed dental assistants. Once the second licensure cycle begins on November 1, 2015, all licensed dental assistants will be required to complete 12 CEUs no later than October 31, 2017.
- If a dental assistant was certified in BLS or CPR/AED between October 31, 2013 and October 31, 2015, then that certification will satisfy 3 of the required 4-6 CEUs that must be completed by October 31, 2015. There is no need to repeat a BLS or CPR/AED certification course if you became certified in this time period.
- If there are any questions regarding the CEU requirements for renewing a dental assistant license, please contact the Board by phone at (617) 973-0924 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For up-to-date information refer to the MA Board of Registration in Dentistry website, www.mass.gov/dph/boards/dn or contact MDAA via email at MDAA.email@example.com